
So, my kids are on the gluten-free, casein-free diet which means no dairy, wheat, barley, etc. I have been in the mood to cook lately, so I have been visiting theglutengal.com a lot to see her suggestions for gluten-free cooking. I also bought her e-book for the GF/CF diet because it has great ideas for kids on this diet. Anyway, on one of her blogs, she suggested making spaghetti squash. I thought that sounded like a great idea. I always hated squash when I was little, but I figured now that I'm a grown woman, it will probably taste good. So, I made it, and, happily, I did like it now that I'm grown. Caiti absolutely loves it and looks like a clown with marinara all over herself. Garrett...that is a different story. He was excited to see it on the plate and kept telling me "Spaghetti" and saying, "She's my kind of spaghetti." But then, if I tried to get him to eat it, he would run in the opposite direction. I finally tried to force feed him some because I went to all that work, and actually made them some real, home cooked food, and he grabbed it from me and threw it on the floor and ran away. Needless to say, after his time-out...(hahaha), he sat down in his chair and let me feed him a mouth full. It was soooo funny because he totally gagged. Is that horrible to think it's funny when your child is gagging on food? It reminded me of when we were little and Nicole was forced to eat yams, and she totally threw it up. So, of course, I ended up making Garrett his usual caramel rice cake with peanut butter, an orange and some chips. So much for spaghetti!
2 comments:
My Denton hates mac and cheese. So when we went to a ward party and they were serving it I made him take a bite. And immediately he starts gagging, like he was going to through up all over. I was laughing and at the same time kind of frustrated with him. He actually thinks I am trying to poison him. Auhhh! I hear ya!
Very funny story! It reminds me of Brayden's over sensitive sense of smell, when he gags when something is too stinky, like a diaper. It makes me laugh too.
At least Caiti liked it!
Post a Comment