Friday, October 24, 2008
Shaving Kevin's Head
So, last night Kevin and I decided to take my mom's advice and forego the cost of a haircut and just shave his head. Yeah...a haircut costs $7 plus tip at the NEX (the Navy Department Store), but when your hair grows super fast like Kevin's, it adds up. So Kevin did the front of his head. That was when I wished I had a digital camera to capture the beauty of Kevin's half shaved head. He looked like one of those Harri-Krishna guys. It made me truly happy. I got the back. It seriously took me an hour to shave the back of his head because his hair is so thick. It was barely a centimeter long, but still... Anyway, so, in total, it took 2 hours to shave his head, 5 razors (no joke) and bunches of shaving cream. Surprisingly, Kevin was very patient and pleasant the whole time we were attacking his head with a razor, so at least that part was nice. We decided that with the cost of razors and the lost time, a $7 haircut every once in a while isn't too big of a deal. Of course, if we invested in some clippers, that might be even a smarter move. Yes sirree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I must say you are a fast commenter on the blog. Yes, that is the Bland's recipe. But I got it from Lauren and I'm not sure how accurate it is. Secondly, Big Rapids is a very VERY small town so if there's anything, and I mean ANYTHING going on downtown, you'll hear about it. The main drag of downtown is only like 2 blocks long. Come visit, you'll see. :-)
I can sympathize with you. Dan will not let me near his head with any sharp objects. And he would probably get in trouble for bad hair if I did it. So I guess $7 is not that bad every other week. Now if only I got to spend all that money on my own hair....
Post a Comment