
My sweet little Caiti was born 3 years ago, on October 29, 2005. We had to celebrate her birthday on Saturday since Kevin left for a short deployment this week. Kevin gave her a blue My Little Pony which was perfect since she already had a pink one. So, now she can walk around with one in each hand. I gave her a Tinker Bell Doll. She actually sort of picked it out herself while we were in the store. She got all bright eyed and smiley when she saw it and had to hold it the rest of our shopping trip. Garrett gave her yet another baby doll which she also loves, and Jason gave her a baby stroller which I am hoping she will discover later because right now she could care less. Of course, that is okay because Garrett has decided it is his wheelchair and sits in it and wheels himself across the kitchen. Such fun!

We didn't do anything too exciting for her actual birthday. I did make her eggs for breakfast. They didn't exactly end up in her mouth...as you can tell. But hey, it was her birthday, so I was lenient and let her have an exciting sensory experience. She felt like she was in heaven. I also gave her her favorites for lunch, grapes and hotdogs. Unfortunately, the hotdogs ended up kind of looking like her eggs, by the time lunch was over.
Caiti absolutely loved it when I sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She would get big eyes and a huge smile and flap her arms and squeal in delight. Later on in the day, she was chasing Garrett around as he ran his laps in the kitchen. While she was running, she was chanting some sing-song thing, and I realized that she was saying "Birthday, happy, happy birthday." So cute.
She loved that we only watched movies she wanted today, Elmo in Grouchland and Pooh's Heffalump Movie. She had a great day. She was so happy and sweet and cute all day.
I am so greatful for this sweet little girl. She changed my life. She is such a blessing to my family.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Caiti! By the way, I'm jealous that you guys are still in shorts. It's waaaaayyyy cold here. Brrrr.
Post a Comment