We didn't want to head home yet, as we still had a couple hours left of respite, so we decided to head to La Jolla and visit Birch Aquarium. It was fun to be with my honey.
I had never checked out the submarine up close, and had always assumed it was just a fun thing. Turns out, it was a real submarine. Leave it to Kevin to figure that out.
Of course, we got our standard pose by the whale fountain.
This is my naughty pic that I just had to take. Makes me laugh every time cause I have the sense of humor of a little boy.
Cute Kevin by the sardines.
We didn't get any pics in the actual aquarium because I was using my iPad camera and for some reason, they didn't put a flash in there. (Grrr...)
That's okay though, we got some great pics outside. I love the view from the aquarium.
They have a fun little area for the kids to "find" different sea creatures. I found an octopus and a shell.
I think this is Kevin's "stop taking pics of me Christine!" face.
I told Kevin to take a pic of me petting the sea cucumber. Guess my head wasn't that important. j/k. :)
Kevin finally was convinced to pet a star fish. Save this pic for posterity cause it'll probably never happen again.
Now, play some "Jaws" theme music in your head.... na na na na nananananananana.
Next to the scary Jaws photo booth were real sharks. That was the part that Kevin liked the best. There were also sting rays in there. So then Kevin felt like he had visited a real aquarium. :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment