Thursday, October 8, 2009

How To Stop a Caiti Tantrum

Caiti had been tantrumming all morning. Eye roll. I was at my wits' end trying to figure out what was wrong or to distract her so she would stop screaming. I decided to do what the author, Temple Grandin, who also has autism has said that she recommends every autistic person do once a week, and that is to spin her in our office chair...but that didn't work this time. Then I had the thought that Garrett was at school, so Caiti could actually "watch" her songs on itunes without Garrett taking over and making them listen to "Upside Down" from the Curious George soundtrack over and over. And look, it worked. I like this happy face much better than her ornery face.
So I guess for future reference, I will know that she can be distracted by a few good kid songs. Yeah!

Oh...and on a side note...take a guess who left these by the computer. They are her new favorite, and yes, she carries them one in each hand.





1 comment:

Erin said...

At least she's cute!