Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Garrett's preschool

Garrett started preschool on Monday. I tried to take the typical first day of school shot, but Garrett's definitely not typical. I had told him we were going to go to school, and he was so excited that he wouldn't stay still for the picture. He was galloping and using his tummy as a drum, etc. So this is the best picture I could get.


Today, Garrett's teacher did a home visit. She talked to me about what they will be working on in school. I am very excited for the great services they have here. They want to get him in another class that has 4 students, a teacher, and 2 teacher's aids which basically means a whole lot of one-on-one time. They are going to give him 30 minutes of occupational therapy a week and 60 minutes of speech therapy a week at school. They are going to focus a lot on his toileting skills and eating skills which is great because I'm trying to work on those at home as well, so we can reinforce each other.


Just one more month until Caiti can start going to preschool. I am glad we moved here. I think it will be great for my kids.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That's great you found such a nice preschool! How did you find out about it? Has he liked it so far?

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Garrett absolutely loves school. He gets to ride the bus, play outside, color, all those fun things. Much better than being home with boring mom.