Monday, September 12, 2011

A Visit from Mom, Dad and Nicole!!!!! - Part 2

Wednesday was supposed to be Michelle's day with mom, but she let me spend some time with her while she and Nicole went wave boarding.  Mom and I decided to take the kids to Balboa park and ride the train there.  Little did we know, the train only runs on weekends and holidays...kind of the opposite of everywhere else.  So we have proof we went there cause we took a couple pics.  It was a nice little walk, after all.

We met up with Michelle and Nicole at Michelle's apartment for some Little Ceasar's, and then Nicole and I were able to go back to my house and spend some time together and let our kids mingle with each other.  I loved seeing Caiti "wearing" Aunt Nicole's swimming suit.  :)
Thursday was their last day here before driving home.  I got to spend it with my daddy.  :)  We decided to go to the Mormon Battallion first.  Daddy entertained me by calling the wall with the talking photos the Brady Bunch wall.  We both have the same attention span, so we weren't too sad to leave in the middle of the tour cause mom was calling us to tell us she had the memory card for daddy's camera.  We were able to eat lunch in the Oldest Restaurant in Old Town.
We decided to walk off our enormous lunch by touring Old Town.  We went in the back way to see the Mexican part first.  It was absolutely beautiful and so fun to walk around in.  Daddy and I met another artist, of whom I liked a bunch of his work.  We also took a bunch of pictures to get some inspiration for daddy's paintings. 
After seeing the Mexican part of Old Town, we weren't that impressed with the other part, so we decided to go ahead and drive over to Balboa Park.  It was very nice because we were able to see so many beautiful buildings and spend some quality time together.  I even got a tour of the San Diego Museum of Art by my expert father.  :)  We were excited to see a sculpture by Niki De Saint Phalle out in front of the museum.  She is the awesome sculptor who created Queen Califia's Magical Circle where my children LOVE to go.
After an enjoyable day with my daddy, we headed back to Coronado Island, and Nicole, her kids, Michelle, Mom, Dad and I were able to have an absolutely delicious Mexican dinner together.  After dinner, we went to the condo they were staying in and were able to watch "The Masonic Map," the movie Nicole was in, and the reason mom and dad were out West (for her premier).  I thought she did a good job and it made me smile to see me wonderful, nice sister pointing a gun.  :) 
I LOVED this visit and of course I was sad when they left...but I'm so glad they came!

No comments: