This picture makes me smile. I found Jason sitting by the door in Caiti's car seat while we were waiting for the bus to come. He just can't wait until he can be like his big brother and sister and go on the bus and go to school. In fact, on more than one occasion he has scurried past me while I was dragging the other two to the bus. He will then climb on, go to the back of the bus and climb on the seat and sit there just waiting for a ride. :) Of course, our bus driver told me that it is a liability issue to have younger siblings on the bus, so I have to be careful to distract Jason before the bus comes so he won't try to go to school again.
Speaking of school, this last week was Jason's assesment with the SEEC (special education early childhood) program for the school district. I don't know if I had mentioned previously in the blog, but Jason recently received an official diagnosis of autism. Anyway, the good news is that the school district thinks that he definitely will qualify for their preschool program, but they are thinking he will be placed in a higher-functioning preschool classroom than Garrett and Caiti were. I know that Jason will LOVE school and feel like such a grown up.

No comments:
Post a Comment