Thursday, March 3, 2011

Helping the Kids Deal with Deployment

Before Kevin left for deployment, we decided to try and think of ways to make it easier this time for the kids.  Especially Garrett.  One thing we did was go to Hallmark and get their recordable books.  Kevin was such a cute daddy recording My Little Princess for Caiti, All the Ways I Love You for Jason and a Curious George book called Curious You On Your Way for Garrett.  They were kind of pricey, at $30 each, but they are worth it.  I have my kids listen to their books every night when I put them to bed.  It is so sweet because Jason smiles and shuts his eyes when he hears daddy's voice, Caiti gets all possessive and makes everyone leave her room, and Garrett actually sleeps with his book every night.

The other thing we did was make a daddy movie for the kids.  We filmed a little bit of him with each of the kids as well as him reading them a couple of the books Fleet and Family Services gave us to help the kids understand deployment.  I admit, I enjoy watching those too when I'm missing my Kevin.

Oh, and of course, I even have his CDs in the car and sometimes I listen to them...until I remember that my music is so much better.  J/K.

No comments: