Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

Kevin and I had a great weekend.  We decided to have Michelle watch the kids overnight and get a hotel and spend some nice, quality, alone time together, especially since he leaves for deployment in a little over a week.  :(
We love priceline.  We bid $100 for a 4-star hotel, and we got it.  Yay!  We ended up staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in downtown San Diego.  http://manchestergrand.hyatt.com
Before we went there, we decided to stop and have dinner at our traditional Valentine's restaurant here in Tierra Santa, the Ristorante Bellagio.  It was pretty fun because they had a live singer there seranading us during dinner.  
 You can't see it too well, but the guy seranading us is the man in the tie in the back, and the guy sitting next to him was playing a guitar.
 We ate a very yummy, but way too filling, salmon dinner.  Mmmmm....
The seranading was nice...but that guy was sooooo loud and boisterous.  He was singing "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera, and seriously, I was dying laughing.  It was like when I was little and someone would sing opera at church.  I couldn't stop.
Well, actually, eventually I stopped, and Kevin and I were able to take a fun drive downtown.  We didn't get out until after 10, so while we were driving to the hotel, we got to see all the single partiers out in their clubbing attire.  It's interesting how the girls are all wearing super high heels and mini dresses that are all fancy, and the guys were wearing jeans, tennis shoes and maybe a plaid shirt.  Seriously?  We also passed a side of town where all the older couples were out walking.
Our hotel was right on harbor drive, and we were on the 24th floor.  Our elevator had so many buttons.  :)  I was excited to see our view since we were right at the harbor and in the middle of downtown.  Here's some nighttime views out our window.
 This is the view we had of the harbor.  The ship is actually the Maritime Museum.
 This is a view of downtown from our window.

 Hmmm....and this is a view of our king-sized bed.  ;)  ...but on to the morning...  Here are some awesome views of downtown San Diego in the daytime that we took from our window.



So pretty.  I love living here.
We had a nice morning.  We ate at a breakfast buffet at the hotel.  They had everything from made-to-order omelets, bacon, sausage, muffins, waffles, french toast, fruit, mmmm...anything you can think of for breakfast.  Of course, it cost us $50 so they had better have a good selection.
Next, Kevin stepped beyond his comfort zone, and for my Valentine's present, we both went to the hotel spa and got pedicures.  He isn't going to like that I posted this picture, but I think it's cute.  :)

Pedicures are so relaxing!  My only complaint...where were the massage chairs?  Come on now!
Don't I have pretty red toes for Valentine's Day?  After the pedicures, it was time for checkout.  Goodbye lovely hotel.  Maybe we will see you another day.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Dear Christine,

I'm so glad you had a wonderful valentine's weekend! You both deserve the best.

Love,
Amy

Erin said...

That sounds awesome!! What a nice sister to stay with your kids so you guys can have some alone time. Did you plan on wearing matching blue shirts to dinner? :-) I'll have to show Nathan the pic of Kevin getting a pedicure. When I got mine in Florida, the lady was saying a lot of men would come in to get pedi's and mani's. I don't think Nathan believed me. Did Kevin enjoy it?

Jerri Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a great time! It was so good you got to be alone together with no cute kiddos! Especially since he is leaving....booo!
Love you girlie!
Jerri Lynn

Larraine McCrea said...

Such pretty pictures! So fun reading about your Valetine's celebration!

Larraine McCrea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunt Michelle said...

Fun to see! And I am not that nice of a sister! I was well paid as their respite provider.:)