Yesterday was our final day before Kevin left for deployment. We spent a lot of time together as a family and just tried to get everything ready for him to leave.
It was a good day until the evening when Garrett had a seizure. It was very scary, but luckily we had diastat and were able to stop his seizing. We all felt a lot better after Kevin gave him a blessing. I was so happy that Kevin was able to do that for Garrett. The priesthood is definitely a blessing.
Speaking of blessings, the military relations missionaries stopped by and gave both Kevin and I a blessing as well. It was so neat and you could definitely feel the spirit in our home. It helped me feel comfort about the upcoming deployment.
We had Michelle come stay overnight with us, and she slept in the room with Garrett so she could keep an eye on him. That was a relief. It was also good that she was there so that the kids didn't have to get up with us when we left in the morning.
Kevin and I got up at 3 a.m., and I drove him to the base where we said our final goodbyes. :( I pray that this deployment is a safe one and that the time flies by. We will sure miss him, but we are so proud of him and thankful for his sacrifice for his family and this wonderful country.
No comments:
Post a Comment