For one of my bridal showers, when Kevin and I were engaged, everyone was supposed to bring an ornament along with their gift since it was almost Christmas, and we had absolutely no decorations. These gingerbread men are my favorite. My mom let me go with her to choose the ornaments, and I chose them to be Kevin and me.
We used this ornament of the Nauvoo temple as the cake topper at our wedding reception. Jennifer did such a great job on our beautiful cake. I was so happy with it and thought it was the best wedding cake ever.
We got married in 2002. This ornament was from our first Christmas together.
In January 2004, Garrett was born. We were given a couple of these ornaments that year..."Baby's First Christmas." Funny, how he's the only baby who got an ornament for his first Christmas. Kind of like when you do a great job on the first baby's baby book, and then sort of fill in the others.
This is the CUTEST ornament ever. Garrett made it at school last year in kindergarten...I'm sure with lots of help. The beard is made from a cutout of his hand.
I love this sweet ornament Caiti made in her preschool class last year. Of course they would take her picture the day we woke up late. I didn't do her hair and sent her to school in her pajama shirt and hoped they wouldn't notice. Funny how that works. I had a similar experience in 3rd grade when I wore my Garfield night shirt tucked in jeans cause I thought it was cool, and that was the day our teacher took our picture for our ornaments for our mommys.
Hmmm...doing this makes me realize that I really don't have any ornaments to celebrate my cute little Jason. We're going to have to fix that little situation!

2 comments:
I love the ornaments the kids make at school. My mom still has some I made. I will cherish the ones my kids made forever!
It's great that you have written the history of the ornaments. It will be neat to read about in the future. :)
Post a Comment