Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was kind of typical for our family since our move to California.  Kevin was on duty, so we didn't really do anything.  :)  However, there was a Muppet Movie Marathon on TV, so that was a blessing.  My kids were in heaven.  The best part of Thanksgiving Day was having Uncle Steve and Larraine come over for some pie.  I really enjoyed the pie and the visit.  Garrett thought that was SO fun, and he's been asking for Uncle Steve and Aunt Larraine ever since.
We celebrated Thanksgiving as a family on Friday after Kevin got home from work.  I was so domestic and cooked up a turkey, some stuffing and roasted veggies.  It was yummy.  I tried to get a pic of Kevin, but he wasn't cooperative.  In fact, in one of the pics, the turkey wasn't the only bird you saw.  Ha ha.  So...here's the G-rated pic.  
A highlight of my Friday was when I got my birthday present from my parents in the mail.  I had asked my dad last summer if he would sketch our family portrait.  It was the last thing he drew before his surgery and all the resulting difficulties.  It makes me happy to see it hanging up on my wall.



No comments: