Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tom Slack Family Reunion - Day 2

The second day of the reunion was probably the most boring for my family...oh well.  :)  Everyone else went to Holiday World, but I didn't feel comfortable going to an amusement park with my kids.  I already felt like I was stepping out of my comfort zone to go on a vacation in the first place...I guess it's baby steps.  Maybe next time.  We had a great morning before everyone left though...Caiti got to snuggle her favorite Aunt Michelle!

We had a yummy breakfast too, and Garrett and Caiti were good and even ate at the table...can't say the same thing for Jason.
 After breakfast, all of the Slack grand kids all got in the tie dyed shirts they made (someone nice made my kids' shirts), and headed to Grandma and Grandpa's cabin where they met before they went to Holiday World.  We took the opportunity to take a couple pics too. 
After they left, I decided to try and clean up a little bit, but it was kinda hard to do, so I utilized the bathtub as a great distraction for some cute little kids.

We got to finish up the melon from breakfast and the hamburgers and hotdogs from the night before.  Yummy!

My kids did a pretty good job the rest of the day.  Caiti loved playing with Dora and Blue, Garrett and Jason watched lots of movies.  I tried to watch TV.  It wasn't so entertaining since the only non-sports channels I could find were the cooking channel and the TV Guide channel. 
The worst part of the day was cleaning up a #2 accident in my bedroom which involved taking all three of the kids to the convenience store that just happened not to have carts, so that I could buy cleaning supplies.  Sigh...So, I had Garrett and Caiti on harnesses, held Jason's hand, my purse and a basket full of stuff.  I was not happy.  Oh well.   We all made it through the day safe and in one piece.  :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Dear Christine,

Has anyone told ever told you how AMAZING you are? Well, YOU ARE AMAZING in SO many ways! None of of could do as well as you at what you do each and every day. Give yourself a pat on the back!

I love you!

Love, Amy

The Jonathan Good Family said...

It must have been hard on you to stay behind when your family was out having fun. That sounds like a hard day! The things we do as mothers for our families aren't always easy. That's when a prayer can go a long ways!

Aunt Michelle said...

Not your favorite day of the reunion,eh? But it was worth it to get the SUPER cute pic of Jason using his fork! :)