Friday, July 22, 2011

School goodbye party


Today was Garrett and Caiti's goodbye party for school.  We all met at the park across from the elementary school.  This is Garrett and Caiti with their teacher, Ms. Zavala.  I asked her how it was going to work next year because Garrett would be going to a new classroom now that he is technically in second grade.  Ms. Zavala told me that she had asked to keep Garrett another year and hoped I didn't mind.  Of course I didn't mind.  Then Garrett can have another year without major change, and he can be with his sister and his other buddies.

We had yummy potluck lunch.  I was super cool and made teenie weenies.

This is Caiti with her buddy.  She was basically with Caiti all day every day, but she wasn't an official one-on-one.  

This is Garrett with Bryan.  We love him.  He has been Garrett's one-on-one all year, and we hope to have him again next year.  Garrett liked school unless they brought in a sub for Bryan.  

And this is Garrett's cute best friend, Sammy.  She has cerebral palsy.  During breaks, the only person I have ever heard Garrett ask about was Sammy.  He would say, "Sammy's at her house," which is his way of saying he wants to see her.  :)  We'll miss school...believe me!  But, it will be nice when fall comes again and they can see all their buddies.

No comments: