The Froerer clan (minus Jake) was able to make it out for an almost week-long visit. In my brain I called it a mini-family reunion of the West Side Slacks. I enjoyed seeing my adorable niece and nephew and spending time with my wonderful friend/sister Nicole. It was a bummer because Noelle got the crupe really bad on the way here, and they ended up having to take her to the ER or Urgent Care on three or four separate occasions. The cute thing about Noelle was that she was super sweet and happy anyway. I loved getting to know my cute little niece a little better.
A lot of their trip here was spent just visiting and playing at my house. I loved the time together.
Aunt Michelle brought fun bunny ears for the kids, but Nicole and I ended up adopting them. :)
Camden and I also made up a super cool game where you used a fishing pole (with velcro) to catch fish...or any of the plush Ikea foods. :) We thought that was super funny and entertaining. Even Noelle was enjoying that game by the end of the trip. I might go play it by myself right now.
Aunt Michelle, the Froerers and my kids and I also attempted a trip to the Mormon Battalion visitor's center. That was fun until Caiti decided to throw a tantrum the whole time and Garrett thought the ore mining part was a bathtub.
Needless to say, we left early, but I was happy Nicole got to go on the tour with Michelle.
I was able to spend some alone time with Nicole and Noelle. We went to La Jolla and saw the Children's Beach where the seals were. That was very cool. But of course I forgot my camera. I had fun with Nicole. I don't think Noelle had much fun though cause she felt icky. Poor little girl!
Garrett, Jason and I were able to accompany Nicole, Camden and Noelle on a trip to Balboa park. I was excited because I had never been there before but always wanted to. That is a beautiful place to go on a walk. There are a lot of gorgeous, old buildings, tons of museums and a very fun playground. Of course, the playground was free, and that was where the kids wanted to be anyway, so we spent the majority of our time there.
Nicole's family and I also went on a different day to Birch Aquarium. My favorite part of the whole aquarium was watching Noelle point at the different sea life...oh and petting a sea cucumber and sea urchin. :)
I try not to be sad when they leave, but they are such a fun presence. I'm grateful they try to make it out here and visit at least once or twice a year. :) Can't wait until the next time.















3 comments:
FUN!!!
Wish the rest of us Slacks could have come too!!!!
We loved visiting you. Hopefully the next trip will be a lot less stressful with my cutie pie not feeling crappy. Love you lots and thanks for spoiling and loving my kids.
Post a Comment